Rss Feed

Thursday night in at the Hampton Inn


The birth of my newborn blog has taken place here at the humble Hampton Inn in downtown Cleveland, Ohio, "Sunny Cleveland" or "the Cleve", which has served as my home for the last 6 days.  My first week of work at my new job is nearly complete, but could honestly hardly constitute being termed "work"... The majority of the time (and the time of our gracious administrative assistant and my mother) was dedicated to ensuring my computer/mobile device/immunizations/anti-malarials/voicemail/wardrobe/luggage/e-mail account/badge/business identity were set up and in-line prior to my world travel.  


As one might imagine, after quitting my job, moving all of my global possessions to storage in Fayetteville, Arkansas, then jumping in the car for a 16 hour marathon to make it just in time for a three day strategic planning session complete with over 300 powerpoint slides coupled with the week of business logistics hell - I am exhausted.  After reading the last few sentences I wrote three times now, I am still not even sure if they qualify as complete sentences. Please forgive any disconnected thoughts, or anything disconnected, for that matter from me over the next 4.5 months.  This blog stems only from the sudden burst of energy supplied by the China One chinese food we had delivered directly to our hotel room this evening.


On to the details...


My travel commences on February 15th with the following five-week (of the total 4.5 month) itinerary is as follows:
February 15th - Travel (first class!) from Cleveland, OH to Pune, India
Two weeks later - Travel to Morges, Switzerland
One week later - Travel to Casablanca, Morocco
Three days later - Travel to Hengelo, Netherlands
Three days later - Travel back to Pune, India


You can't actually see it, but all the environmental work that I completed over the past year + has now been negated by that simple, innocent little five line itinerary...Hard to imagine that all that travel is to do environmental work!  I'm not even going to try to do the math on that carbon footprint - I think it will probably just depress me.  I will just refer to the "old trusty" fallback reassurance: at least I have a job.


I apologize for the broken links.  I am too tired to fix the HTML template right now - heading to bed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment